The ideas for demand creation are rather immature of course, but you have to start somewhere.
How will customers hear about us?
We will have four pillars for marketing.
- Conferences like OSCON, Linux Tag, etc. (I was at one conference this weekend. I will write about it later.
- Fairs like the CEBIT. I think this is less important than conferences, but it is a way to find industry influencers.
- Word of mouth. I hope points one and two can support word of mouth.
- AdWords. This is a no brainer. I want to get people who search actively for a solution that I want to offer.
Who are the players in neighbor markets?
- Redhat, Suse, Canonical, etc.
- Linux specialized consulting companies.
Who are the key influencers in the industry/Linux community?
- Linus Torvalds
- Alan Key
- Richard Stallmann
- (Robert Basic)
- Eric S. Raymond
This was the last boring “Hypothesis”-post. I will quit phase one now and will move on to get out of the building. So stay tuned…